Do I need to bring soap, shower gel or linen?
No, we provide all these for you, free of charge!
Do I need to bring padlocks, towels or food?
You are welcome to bring padlocks for the two lockers that you get, but don’t worry if you don’t, we have padlocks to borrow for free (£2.50 each to buy). We also provide towels for £1 (free exchange) and continental breakfast (£3 per night).
Where can I eat or buy food in the local area?
The best Fish & Chips, burgers and kebabs in London are all just two minutes from the hostel. You are welcome to bring back a takeaway to the hostel kitchenette or lounge.
There is also a Nando’s, Subway, pizza, good restaurants and multiple supermarkets also a couple of minutes away.
How do I get to Shoreditch/Tower of London/Oxford Circus/ Buckingham Palace etc
Mile End is exceptionally well served by transport links into and around town:-
Mile End station is served by the Central, District and Hammersmith & City lines and will get you anywhere around London quickly, easily and cheaply
We have dozens of rentable Boris Bikes in three collections, just two minutes away
Coaches from Stansted Airport stop outside Mile End tube station
If you are a member, we have two zip cars right outside our front door
Are you a ‘party’ hostel?
No, we’re not the kind of hostel that encourages drunken rampages around town, late nights and noisy room mates. There are plenty of good hostels around if that’s your thing, but we encourage a more respectful, quiet, chilled out vibe. We find it’s what our guests prefer.
Where can I just chill out near the hostel?
Parks: Regent’s Canal, Mile End Park, Millenium Park & Victoria Park
Pubs: The Victoria, The Palm Tree pubs
Coffee: The Coffee Room, Starbucks, Costa Coffee
Tell me about your WiFi!
It’s free, works seamlessly throughout the hostel and runs on super fast fibre optic broadband
How secure is the hostel?
The front door and each room has electronic key card locks, we have CCTV inside and out, a night porter is always on hand for assistance and we have a hotel safe in reception for valuables.
Do you have any baths, or do you only have showers?
We have two full size baths open to all guests
Do you cater for families and toddlers?
We welcome families and toddlers, although we ask that you book a private family room if you have particularly young children
Do you have a gym?
We don’t have a gym but there is a great one 5 minutes away at Bow Wharf: which offers day membership
Do you sell phone Sim cards?
We don’t sell sim cards but you can buy one at the local stores just 2 minutes away
What apps do you recommend for my smartphone?
Here are a few of the best London-focused travel apps to download to your smartphone as of Mid-2015. Download before you travel or when you arrive, using our fast WiFi:-
- CityMaper, free, iOS Android. The ultimate public transport app, covering tube, bus and rail
- Uber, free, iOS Android. Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes
- ATM Hunter, free, iOS Android. Find ATMs around the world with your phone’s GPS
- Payfriendz, free, iOS Android. Share money with your friends for free and in real-time
- Street museum, free, iOS Android. Hold your camera up to a present day street scene and see it replaced with historical pictures
Bars and nightlife
- Bar chick, free, iOS Android. Award-winning bar guide providing you with the hottest bars
- Craft beer London, iOS Android. Explore London’s best craft beer pubs, breweries and shops
- Match pint, free, iOS Android. Tells you which pubs and bars nearby are televising specific sports events
- NightCapp, free, iOS Android. Map of late night drinking spots around the UK
- Designmynight, free, iOS. Discover and book the best nightlife in your city
Events and things to do
- Dice, free, iOS Android. Best Gigs, Concerts, Clubs and Festivals with No Booking Fees
- Frugl, free, iOS. Gives you unlimited opportunities to enjoy London for £10 or less
- Culture Key, free, iOS. London events app for art exhibitions, west end musicals, and theatre plays
- Yplan, free, iOS Android. Discover and book tickets to the best events around town from an expertly curated shortlist
- Dojo, free, iOS Android. Best stuff to do in London
- Hype!, free, iOS. Discover what is happening in trendiest places of East, Central, South and North London
- Wriggle, free, iOS Android. On-the-day offers at handpicked independent eateries, watering holes and happenings in London